1.Who We Are And What This Policy Covers Privacy Notice Relating To Your Personal Data
- What personal data we collect about you? We will collect personal data such as your name, address, email address, phone number and (in some cases) bank details in order to process and deliver your order(s) to you. In addition, you may consent to us sending you marketing material.
- How we collected it and from whom? We collect data from you when you sign up to our website and when you place an order, return an order or enquire about products or services. This is collected from our website and from any phone calls or email correspondence you make to us.</span”>
- What do we use your personal data for? We use your personal data in order to send your order, make returns or enquire about products or services. If consent is given on our website, we will also use your personal data (such as email address) to send you marketing communications about us.
- Do we need your consent to the use of your personal data? In certain circumstances this may be necessary. In those circumstances, you will be fully informed about why your data is being used and your consent requested. Your right to withdraw your consent will be explained.
- Do we share your personal data? A list of all the parties with whom we may share your personal data are set out in the detailed information below. We do not allow third parties to use your personal data for their own purposes, we only permit them to process your personal data for our specified purposes.
- For how long do we retain your personal data? We will need to keep most of your personal data for as long as you are a customer. We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to carry out our duties, in order to comply with the law or until you request we delete it
- How do we make sure your personal data is secure? Once we have any of your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us over the internet.
2. Personal Data We Collect About You . The Personal Data We Collect About You Includes
- Your name (first name and last name)
- Your postal address for both billing and delivery
- Your telephone number and email address
- If relevant, your bank/card details which are used for payment/refund purposes only
- For clarity, we do not collect any personal data related to sensitive categories (including racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious or philosophic beliefs, membership in a union, health information and genetic or biometric data).
Inability To Provide Personal Data
If you do not provide us with personal data that we require by law or under the terms of a contract with us, then we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are attempting to enter into with you (for example, providing you with products you would like to order). In this case, we may have to cancel an order you have placed with us but we will notify you of this at the time if this is the case.
Inability To Provide Personal Data
3. How Is Personal Data Collected
- you may share information with us in order to purchase products from us and to make returns or enquiries associated with those products;
- you may create an account with us in order to store personal information such as delivery addresses and products you would like to add to your wish-list for later use;
- with your consent, you may share other information with us so that you are informed of events, promotions and offers that we may hold from time to time via email marketing.
- you may provide us with feedback on products and services you have purchased from us which will be posted onto a third-party review website which you agree to at the time of writing this information. This review is then posted onto our website for customers to view;
- with your consent upon visiting our website, we will collect technical and usage data such as IP address, browser type, time zone settings, current location, operating system and information regarding the device(s) you have used to access our website and how you have used our website.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data only when the law allows us to. We most commonly use your personal data in the following circumstances…
when we need to perform the contract we have, or are about to enter into with you;
where we are in a position to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
registration as a new customer;
process and deliver your order(s);
managing our relationship with you (for example, asking you to review your purchase);
participation in a competition or survey;
deliver relevant website content and advertisements;
send email communications if explicit consent has been provided in order for us to do so;
use of data analytics to improve the website, products, marketing and user experience;
Improve our Services in order to better serve you;
Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
Respond to product and customer service requests and provide technical support;
Run statistical research (such research will only use your information in an anonymized manner and cannot be linked back to you);
Detect and protect us against error, fraud, or any other illegal activity;
When you have given your consent, we may use your personal data to send you information on products, offers, promotions and events which we think you may be interested in. If you have decided to opt-out then you will no longer receive this information from us. You will, however, continue to receive transactional emails from us in relation to an order you have placed with us such as order confirmation, dispatch confirmation, product review, confirmation of returns/refunds and when an item has returned to stock if you requested a notification.
We use your technical and usage data to further improve our website in order to provide you with a better shopping experience. This is necessary for our legitimate interests and allows us to study how customers interact with the website, products and services which in turn contribute to the development and growth of our business as well as our marketing strategy.
We may share your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Providers of payment systems that process your payments for products.
- Delivery companies that we use to deliver your orders to you or collect them from you.
- With your consent, agencies and suppliers whom we have retained to assist us to conduct promotional and marketing activity as well as provide technical assistance and support. We will also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or any lawful request from any legal or regulatory authority; or
- to respond to any claims, and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
You have the right to ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing communications at any time. You can do this by opening an email you have received from us and clicking ‘unsubscribe’ which can be found at the bottom of the email. Alternatively you can email us and request that we remove your email address from our database which can take up to 3 working days to complete. If you decide to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, you will still continue to receive emails about your orders when placing one with us. This will include emails such as order confirmation, order dispatch confirmation, product/service experience (i.e. product review), abandon cart emails and information relating to returns such as exchange or refund confirmations. This is a legitimate interest to our business and to our customers. If we wish to use your personal data for any other purpose, we will update this privacy notice and inform you.
We employ systems and processes consistent with applicable law and prevalent industry standards in information privacy and data security including administrative, physical and technical measures to ensure the safety of the data you provide us. In spite of the measures, we have taken to ensure the safety of your personal information please be warned that no manner of data transmission can be completely safe against misuse. Any information transmitted over the internet can be subject to interception and other forms of misuse and we therefore cannot guarantee the complete security of your personal information provided.
6. Your Legal Rights
When you use our site to purchase products from us, the processing of your personal data is necessary to fulfil your orders and is a lawful basis for collecting and using the data you give us. Certain uses of your personal data, or other processing activities, may not be strictly necessary to perform our legal duties, or to exercise our powers; however, they may be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. They may also be in your interests. When we say “legitimate interests”, we mean ours (or a third party’s) interests in operating the service as efficiently and securely as possible. For example, we may choose to use a third party to store your personal data; we may do this because our use of that service means that your personal data is more secure. In order for you to receive the full benefit of our site, such as to take advantage of offers, promotions or receive marketing communications, we will need your consent to collect and use your personal data. Under these circumstances, we will inform you of how the data you provide will be collected, stored and used before seeking your consent. In addition, you will be informed how to withdraw or modify your consent at any time. You may withdraw your consent, or object to our processing of your personal data in a certain way (where you have the right to do so), by contacting us (www.waterandlight.in)